What is Super Y?
Founded in 1999, Super Y is a nationwide youth league operated by the United Soccer League (USL), which is the largest organization of elite soccer leagues in North America. Affiliated with US Soccer, the Super Y- League contains the youth academies of Major League Soccer clubs, USL Pro clubs, Premier Development League and W- League clubs. Divisions within Super Y- League are organized geographically, and membership in the league is limited to only a few elite programs to ensure strong competition. The Super Y-League also has its own ODP Identification Program that has opened countless doors for players to be identified for the U.S. National Team Program. ACYS Spirit United is proud to be selected as a Super Y Club, meeting the strict criteria that attracts the quality outlined in their league description noted above.
What are the Advantages of Super Y?
Playing Super Y for ACYS Spirit United has several benefits, but our biggest is to give our kids a chance to play soccer against the best in the country and get them identified by colleges and national team staff. Here are some more reasons why you will have a big advantage in playing Super Y:
• Competition Level--- ACYS Spirit United will be competing against some of the top clubs in Florida with the opportunity to represent that region at the North American National Championship Finals.
• Coaching Staff--- Those teams will be led by nationally licensed and experienced coaches, who are dedicated to player development and dedicated to getting your child to the next level.
• Fall Season Preparation--- The Super Y season can also serve as excellent preparation for players readying themselves for the fall season, whether it’s with their high school teams or their own club teams.
• Affordability--- ACYS Spirit United provides a quality soccer opportunity at an affordable price compared to the traditional summer soccer camps players often attend.
How many players will be selected to each team?
- ACYS Spirit United Super Y teams may roster up to 26 players, but can only dress 18 for each match.
- A player pool of over 18 players is often created for Super Y teams.
- Injuries and summer commitments (vacation, ODP regional camp, soccer camps, etc.) typically prevent teams from having an issue with too many available players.
- The regular season will be from June through August.
- We will avoid most major events such as State Cup, ODP camps etc.
- The ACYS Spirit United Super Y League teams will play approximately 10 games throughout the summer, June through August.
- The Super Y-League North American Finals will be held at the end of the year.
- The regular season will consist of 10 matches depending on the playing division and age group.
- The total points leader within the division will culminate the season with the Super Y League North American Finals, which will consist of a minimum four games.
- Practice approximately twice per week,
- Each session will last anywhere from 90 minutes
- Training will begin in June following club tryouts, but some teams may train during the spring.
- Training will take place at Trotters Park, Ward Park, and MLK Park
What are the North American Finals?
The Super Y-League North American Finals is regarded as one of the top youth soccer events in North America. It is a five-day tournament that includes more than 130 of the best U10 to U17 boys and girls teams in the U.S. and Canada. Teams qualify from their respective regions and face the best throughout North America in a quest to become National Champions. This event typically occurs in December at the world- renowned IMG Soccer Academy in Bradenton, FL.
What is the cost and what does it include?
The cost for playing ACYS Spirit United Super Y:
- $315 Players Registration fee
This fee includes:
- Administration fees
- Coaching fees
- All league, player and coach registration fees
- Field rental costs
- Referee fees
- 10 games against some of the region’s top clubs
What is not included?
Expenses excluded from this fee are:
- Expenses to be split amongst the team:
- Coaches travel expenses (gas, lodging, food, etc.)
- Expenses for teams that advance to the North American Finals (Coaches fees & any other team related expenses)
- Additional Personal Expenses:
- Personal travel (gas, lodging, food, etc.)
- All fees for players selected to attend the Super Y National ODP Camp